Description of Device Operation
Module CG5 can be set to operate in one of the two modes:
- a) Constant input control mode (24 h). After the control panel has changed the state of its PGM output, module input circuit is broken. Module CG5 immediately sends an SMS message with pre-set content to a mobile phone. When the input state restores, the module CG5 will send an SMS message about input circuit restore.
- b) Mode without constant input control (Control panel). When operating in this mode, input MCI functions as an input status controller. While input MCI is connected with COM, disturbances in inputs IN1...IN4 are ignored and SMS messages about them are not sent. After the MCI input circuit has been broken, the module CG5 will send an SMS message informing that the inputs are Under Control and disturbances in inputs IN1...IN4 circuits will no longer are ignored. When circuits of the inputs IN1...IN4 are broken, module will send messages about these events.
- Output OUT1 can be used to connect a siren. Siren is activated when module CG5 registers an event. Switching off mode Under Control deactivates the siren. Switching on the mode Under Control is followed by one short siren signal and switching off – by two.
- Module CG5 has five NC type inputs. When operating in 24 h mode, module MCI input is the fifth NC type input, and when operating in Control panel mode it operates as a controller for the other four inputs.
- SMS messages can be sent to up to four mobile phones. It is possible to configure what type of messages should be sent to certain phones.
- Module can alert users about events by making short calls to any of the chosen phones. Call duration is 20 seconds.
- Messages will be sent with a time stamp, when the internal clock of the module is set with an SMS message.
- Output OUT1 is open collector type and can commutate direct voltage up to 30 V and current up to 1 A. If the output is set to “Siren” mode, after disturbing the input circuits the output is activated for two minutes.
- Sending interval for periodic “Test” messages is from 1 to 240 hours.
- Module monitors power supply voltage. When voltage drops below 11,5 V, a message informing about the drop in voltage is sent. Message is also sent when voltage restores to 12,6 V.
- Power supply: 12,6 VDC, 10-15 VDC
- standby mode 60-100 mA
- transmitting mode up to 250 mA
- Operating frequency: 850 / 900 / 1800 MHz
- Reporting: text SMS to 4 mobile phones
- Calling: to 4 phones
- Memory: 60 last events
- Inputs: 4+1 of NC type
- Output: 1 of OC type, switching 30V, 1A
- Period of Test message: 0-240 hours, discretion 1 h
- Setting configuration: through the USB port or SMS
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to +55 °C
- Dimensions: 65 x 79 x 25 mm
- Weight: 0,1 kg
Main package contents
- Module CG5
- Straight type GSM antenna
- Two-sided adhesive tape (10 cm)